An Open Letter To My Best Friend, Raissa Imandari on Her Birthday

7:11 PM

I don’t really know what makes us close, but whatever the reason is, I'm so thankful that you are my best friend 

To my dearest Raissa Imandari, 



You're a person that can make everybody comfortable and in love with you. You're kindhearted, humble, cheerful, loyal, and..duh i cant mention your amazing personality one by one. Your attitude makes your surroundings feel good. Even though you’re younger than me, you have to know that you've taught me a lot - from small to big things, from the unimportant to important points, and from love to life stories. 

Here, I want to remind you that you're a smart woman with good behaviors that have a lot of skills. You're talented (I mean, look at your paintings, design visuals, your dance talent!), you're valuable, and you're lucky to be you. You're truly a blessing! Sometime, people have to be reminded so they can appreciate themselves, right?

Now let me start with a small token of my gratitude for being by my side in this whole time and making it all worthwhile 

Thank you for being your parent’s daughter so that we went to the same school and we knew each other. Thank you for always sticking with me, I know at some times, it is very hard to keep up with me, but you always did. You always tell me what should I actually do and how should I actually act. Thank you for having a good taste in neither fashion nor music and influence it to me. Thank you for introducing me to good and comfort food, wasting time with my family and me. Thank you for being a strong person that I inspire much. Thank you for being the one who I can always rely on. Thank you for your interest in dancing that makes us both closer. Thank you for always sharing your story.

Thank you for being you and for letting me be me

We've shared moments together, 

That time when you were my junior in the elementary school and xlash likes to asked for your foods

Entered the same junior high 

Was in the same audition for being the modern dance member

Arranged the choreography together, managed to did a fast learning by both of our movements 


Went to pim and hang together every Saturday

Bali & those things we did

Sending supports and help deciding on choosing senior high 

Was separated and getting much closer

Had a valentine dinner with coordinated dresscode 

Trained ourselves with dance class 2 sessions per week 

Hanged out with both of our boyfriends 

Accompany you driving with your dolls

Buying each other gifts in a random time with no special occasion, not to forget with letter on it (I still keep all of them!

Those countless sleepovers and girls talks 

When you cried and share the stories to my parents, also conversely 

Sharing our dreams and tell the opinions 

That time when we went to our graduations and congratulate directly

Busy on thinking each of us birthday party concept, and it’s always you’re the one that busy on my birthday

Buy flowers every Sunday

Gallery hoping and art markets

Cried in the airport and moving on to chats and video calls 

Planned a holiday trip each time you got home 



And so on... 

Well, you and I don’t know yet where this next year will take us, but I hope wherever it will be, we can always share our stories together

Today, you fulfill one more year of life. I’m wishing that you’d be shower with happiness and loves. More opportunities & chances come and develop the better self of you. Of course, I hope you have a great year ahead and company by health. Surround by people that appreciate you as much as you do to feel the good in return. Enjoying each of small activities and love what you do. I also wish that you’ll be known as the person you wanted to be. Oh, and being the Minister of Finance in the future, right? In this case, you have to divide your time between work, family and ME. If it’s like that, I will be sincere, tihi! I hope we always have each other's back! Well, the other wishes would be from you and I’m here will help by saying “amin” in each of your prayers.


To another fun and successful years, Happy Birthday Ray




Forever & Always


Your person, CLSP

You Might Also Like

0 comments