the daughter's random feeling

9:40 AM

I'm not a family-oriented kinda person. When i still live physically in Jakarta, i wasted my time playing around with my friends. I didn't like to make time for my family, i feel like being with friends is more fun than with them. On weekend i always went outside my house, whether to my friend's house, mall, cafe, restaurants, or even spaces. But my family, my nuclear family really like to watched movies every weekend - in which i didn't enjoy watching and i chose to be with my friends. Until I moved here, 154.2 kilometres away from home..bam

Turns out it's not that easy to live far from my family. I know it's not that far, but still. I realised that there are a lot of their habit that i miss. Their presence even we didn't talk much, their voices, their laughs, many things. I one day started to cried. Cried quite a lot because I regret that time when they always asked me to join watching movies and i often refuse, I regret that time when i can be home with them but i chose to be with my friends and I regret when i can enjoy the time around them, i didn't.


After have been hit by that moment, i always make time for them by finishing all the tasks before weekend so I can have my time with them when i'm home. I go to jakarta almost every weekend. Enjoying the time i can be with them, watching, talking, playing around, everything. Even i can stay at home just because i want to be with them. Eating outside is also a good choice tho..and after years, i finally knew how it feels to have a "home". The cozy yet warm atmosphere that you won't feel anywhere else but, home. 


My point is,



Value your family
 (or your loved ones, whatever you call them)
Even they're not the perfect figure for you, trust me, you'll miss them when they're away, you'll realised that you actually need them.

Don't let yourself regret one day,
Make time for them, build a better communication for them whom always been there in your life through ups and downs.

Appreciate the time
because time really is, priceless



Can't wait to be home by tomorrow and meet them in the next day ♡




You Might Also Like

0 comments